Monday, March 30


Hello Grade 5 Families!!!

I hope that you had a wonderful Spring Break!! I sent out an important email just now through School Messenger, so please be sure to check for that! Please let me know if you did not receive it, and I can forward it to you individually. Thank-you for the quick responses that I have already received from some of you!

I will also be phoning families over the next couple of days to check in and respond to any questions from the email.

Please know that you are missed at school, but that we are really excited about what lies ahead for us! Stay tuned for more details through this coming week!

Thanks as well to all of the students who continue to email me updates about what you've been up to during Spring Break and while classes have been canceled! I love hearing from you all!

If you're looking for ways to keep learning at home before we start our formal assignments on Monday, here are some suggestions for you:
  • Play Prodigy! (I've set it to ask three-digit by one-digit division questions in order to practice and reinforce the work we most recently did 😊. Remember to use Google to log-in, and then use your educbe email address and regular password.)
  • Read!!!! And talk or write about what you're reading!!!
  • Keep a journal! (I'm so happy to hear that so many of you have already started working on this!)
  • Try some cooking or baking, which involves reading and following instructions (Language Arts) and measurements (Math). Maybe your family has some favourite recipes for you to try out, or there are a plethora of recipes to explore online!
  • I'm also hoping to use Khan Academy as a resource during distance learning. I'll let you know more about it later on, but if you wanted to get set up on it and start exploring, it's an awesome resource (particularly for Math but also for Language Arts) that includes instructional videos, practice questions, and assessments. If you use this link, I believe it will set you right up in our class, but you could also use the class code AC3Q27F9. Please sign in using Google, just like we did with Prodigy, and use your educbe email address and password. I will delete any accounts I don't recognize. Please let me know if you have any trouble with this! Though again, don't feel like you have to sign up for this right away.
Please continue to email me if you have any questions or just have something you'd like to share! I love hearing from you all and will be checking my emails regularly between 9:00 and 3:45. 

Take care! And wash your hands!